We’ve all been going through some pretty remarkable times this year, and WEM has decided to hold a fun photo competition, something we hope that everyone might be able to take part in if they want to. It’s called ‘2020 Vision’ and it’s open to anyone who lives, works in, or has visited Morecambe’s West End. We want to see your photos that capture a sense of our lives during the time of the Covid-19/Coronavirus pandemic. Photos can be of absolutely anything, significant or insignificant, but it should capture something, or a feeling, that reminds you or captures something of these strange times. Your photos can be arty, serious or funny, family-centred, a landscape or a portrait, a fleeting moment or a hoard of toilet rolls! Be as creative as you like!
All you need to do is submit your photograph/s via the button below (you may submit up to 2 photos but each must have been taken by yourself and must have been taken during this year). We’d also like you to add a note about what the subject of your photo means to you. We will select some of the best entries each month to put up here on our website and in our future newsletters, and every three months we will select one entrant who will receive a prize of £50!
So get snapping now! We don’t mind what equipment you use, it could be your grandad’s old box-brownie, an expensive DSLR, a disposable holiday camera or your swanky smartphone.
Click the button to enter the WEM photo competition
Terms & Conditions of Entry:
1. The competition is open to residents, workers and visitors of the West End of Morecambe, except for members/employees of West End Morecambe Big Local, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry.
3. Entry to the competition is via the online entry form at www.westendmorecambe.co.uk/2020vision/
• Image files should be named in the format “YourName.Number.jpg” for correct identification.
• Image files are preferred at minimum 200 dpi, and between 1MB and 3MB in size.
• Entrants should include their name and some form of contact detail (e.g. email address, postal address, telephone number). All personal details other than entrants names will be kept private.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must confirm that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. However, entrants grant WEM the permission to reproduce entries on their website, newsletters and in social media.
7. Entrants may submit up to 2 photographs. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. One entrant every 3 months will win a prize of £50. The prize will be paid via bank transfer.
9. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
10. Entrants names and their entries will be displayed on the West End Morecambe website and on social media.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.