THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART. THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED AND A WINNER HAS BEEN SELECTED.
The WEM Partnership met in early June 2021 to review the entries and the winner of the photo competition and were delighted with all of the entries submitted. After careful deliberation, it was felt that Wayne Drinkwater’s photograph “Untitled”, which he captioned as “2020, West End, and promenade start of the second lockdown 5th of November” perfectly captured a sense of hopefulness emerging above the gloom, and was chosen as the winner. Wayne will receive the prize of £50.
The competition looked for photos that capture an aspect of life during the time of the Covid-19 crisis.
Click here to see the Gallery of entrants photos.
Rules, Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. The competition is open to anyone who lives in, works in or visits/has visited the West End of Morecambe. Anyone may submit an entry but no one closely involved with WEM or this competition may obtain any financial prize or other remuneration.
2. WEM may at its discretion vary or amend the competition or refuse, reject any photograph without explanation or liability. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering the competition you agree to all the rules of entry and terms and conditions above.
3. Entry to the competition is via the online entry form only at www.westendmorecambe.co.uk/2020vision/
4. Participants may submit up to two photographs which have been taken any time from January 1st 2020 onward.
- Image files should be named in the format “YourName.Number.jpg” for correct identification.
- Image files are preferred at a minimum 200 dpi, and between 1MB and 3MB in size.
- Entrants should include their name and some form of contact detail (e.g. email address, postal address, telephone number). All personal details other than entrants names will be kept private.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition or used for any commercial purpose. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must confirm that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. However, entrants grant WEM the permission to reproduce entries on their website, newsletters, social media and for Big Local purposes.
7. One entrant will win a prize of £50. The prize will be paid via bank transfer or local shopping voucher.
8. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
9. Entrants names and their entries will be displayed on the West End Morecambe website and on social media.
10. Should the competition, or the awarding of prizes, be rendered impossible because of unforeseen events, the Promoter may vary or amend the competition at its absolute discretion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
11. By entering the competition you agree to abide by all the rules, terms and conditions of entry.