We’ve been going through some pretty remarkable times this year, and West End Morecambe Big Local (WEM) has decided to try and capture just a bit of it with the help of a photography competition, something we hope that everyone, young or old, might be able to take part in. The competition is called ‘West End 2020 Vision’ and will be open to anyone who lives, works or has visited Morecambe’s West End.
We are looking for any photos that capture an aspect of life during the time of the Covid-19 crisis so far, or in the coming months. It can be of absolutely anything, a little moment or a big feeling but something that reminds you, and hopefully us, of these strange times. It might be arty, thoughtful, family, funny, landscape, portrait, a sign of hope or a hoard of toilet rolls! It can be serious or funny and anything in between. All you need to do is submit a photograph you have taken and add a few details.
We will pick some of the best entries each month to put up on our website and in our future newsletters and every three months, we will pick a winner who will receive a prize of £50.
So have a look at what photos you might have already taken in 2020 or start snapping away now with your grandad’s old box-brownie, an expensive SLR, a holiday camera or your mobile phone.
Click to enter the WEM photo competition and read on for the rules, terms and conditions of entry.
Rules, Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. The competition is open to anyone who lives in, works in or visits/has visited the West End of Morecambe. Anyone may submit an entry but no one closely involved with WEM or this competition may obtain any financial prize or other remuneration.
2. WEM may at its discretion vary or amend the competition or refuse, reject any photograph without explanation or liability. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering the competition you agree to all the rules of entry and terms and conditions above.
3. Entry to the competition is via the online entry form only at www.westendmorecambe.co.uk/2020vision/
4. Participants may submit up to two photographs which have been taken any time from January 1st 2020 onward.
- Image files should be named in the format “YourName.Number.jpg” for correct identification.
- Image files are preferred at minimum 200 dpi, and between 1MB and 3MB in size.
- Entrants should include their name and some form of contact detail (e.g. email address, postal address, telephone number). All personal details other than entrants names will be kept private.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic competition or used for any commercial purpose. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must confirm that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the entrant. However, entrants grant WEM the permission to reproduce entries on their website, newsletters, social media and for Big Local purposes.
7. One entrant every 3 months will win a prize of £50. The prize will be paid via bank transfer or local shopping voucher.
8. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
9. Entrants names and their entries will be displayed on the West End Morecambe website and on social media.
10. Should the competition, or the awarding of prizes, be rendered impossible because of unforeseen events, the Promoter may vary or amend the competition at its absolute discretion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
11. By entering the competition you agree to abide by all the rules, terms and conditions of entry.