The National Lottery Community Fund has confirmed it will be opening its Places Called Home programme today, 30 June 2021, for applications.
This is a small one-off grant funding opportunity that organisations may apply for. Please note that the window to apply is short and will only be open for two weeks (until 11.59pm on 14 July), or once it receives 1,500 applications – whichever comes first – this is because TNLCF will only assess the first 1,500 applications it receives.
Groups can apply online from 30 June, using this link: https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/awards-from-the-uk-portfolio
or you can email for a pdf to print and fill out offline.
Places Called Home has been established jointly with IKEA, and will offer eligible groups funding awards of between £1,000 and £5,000 for activities and equipment that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Build on the relationships created during the COVID-19 pandemic to increase community activity and the number of people taking part.
- Encourage people to work together, creating opportunities for communities to live in a sustainable and healthy way.
- Raise awareness amongst the public of the importance of connected households, neighbourhoods and resilient communities.
- Develop a new idea, activity or way to come together that has emerged in response to the pandemic.
- Revive or redesign community and common spaces to encourage shared community activities.
What is an eligible organisation?
You must be one of the following to submit an application:
- voluntary and community organisation
- constituted group or club
- registered charity
- charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- not-for-profit company
- community interest company (CIC)
- school (as long as your project benefits and involves the communities around the school)
- statutory body (including local authorities, town, parish and community council)
- community benefit society.